You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Trying to harness the blur

Alright, we're just about moved into our house; won't have internet for a while though. Here is some pics of the packers coming. Their truck was automatic and the whole side just opened up. Pretty cool.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We've had tons of adventures since we've been in our house. We've had a typhoon, an earthquake, I climbed to the top of a volcano and rode a ski lift way up in the mountains....I've done somersaults at the Japanese shopping stores....Mom and I parked in the middle of a road on accident, we just had a huge airshow, we've gone to Swan park...farming markets...so much and little time!

We have been really busy moving in. I have learned to put bookshelves and whatnot together without instructions as most of them are in Japanese....I still have no idea how to set my alarm clock...hmmm.

While at Sanwado (the Japanese Wal-mart) I was having a lot of fun running up and down the isles with a very fast and sporty shopping cart. It was all good until the cart got a little bit to much on one end and flipped forward, taking me out at the knees. I was right in the main entrance when I did my fancy little trick so everyone in that part of the store saw the American go head-over-heels. Not cool. A kindly Japanese gentleman rushed to pull me out of the desks and bookshelves, he told me something in Japanese. I thanked him and loaded the cart up and headed out again. In retrospect I think he was saying, "don't put that stuff back on the cart, it will flip again." But I don't speak Japanese and so I did it again in the parking lot. I think my ego was hurt way worse than my legs, but I did tear up from the pain the second time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jared it is so nice to hear from you. That is to bad (or awesome depending on your view) about the shopping cart. Can't wait to hear more.

Natalie said...

Why were you randomly preforming somersaults in stores? Are you one of those people who dances down the aisles? :)

Jamin said...

Wish I was there!

Jared said...

It does depend on your point of view!

It's not like I did it on purpose!!!

Wait Jamin, why do you wish you were here? to see me get flipped by a stupid little cart, or becuase you really miss us? lol

votejaredn29