You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I'm Back!

Alright...we're in the house, we have Internet, we are busy, and life is starting to have a bit of routine. The farmers have been real busy harvesting their second harvest of rice. They haven't had much luck with drying it though, it keeps raining.
Photobucket
Rice set out to dry
Photobucket
Arielle, Nolan, and I started piano lessons this week. I'm excited to try and learn it, and yes it is very manly! lol

Last week we started our Japanese lessons. We have a Japanese tutor, all is going well. She showed us the Hiragana alphabet (is it an alphabet, Mrs. Kim?). She showed us how to write our names in Katagana.

On Saturday night Arielle, Nolan, and I went to base to help out with an out reach. We set up booths with games, candy, hot apple cider, and hot-dogs, for the American and Japanese tricker-treaters. I didn't know the Japanese celebrated Halloween, but they probably just do it because they like to try American food. It was a lot of fun. I had a little bit of trouble communicating to the Japanese that we were handing out hot dogs. So I tried, "Dozo hot-dogo!" Eventually they figured it out!

Mom and I went to Homac (a Japanese Lowes). Outside was some Christmas stuff. The Japanese don't do Christmas, but are marketing towards Americans. I looked around, but all I saw was snowmen and Santa Clause, no Baby Jesus. I'll keep looking. I find it sad that those in America have marketed Christmas to the point that the main point is no longer the main point.

Oh, it also snowed yesterday. All of it melted, but it was exciting!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Natalie said...

No fair! I wish it would snow here :( Can't wait to hear all the funny stories that I'm sure will come out of the Japanese and piano lessons! How cold is it there right now?

Krista said...

Hey it was nice to hear from you. I can't wait to get reconnected now that you are online again. It is really sad about Christmas. They have started the santa clause thing in the stores here already as well. If you can't find a baby Jesus let me know I will mail ya all one

Jamin said...

Hey nice background...it truelly is the "cutest blog on the block." ;-)

That's funny with the Halloween! lol

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Jared - I can show you how to hide the little flower icon but this is a very nice layout - Jamin is jealous. ::snort::

You didn't mention the lovely, distinctive aroma in our neighborhood right now. LOL

Jared said...

Natalie-hmmm. It has been going up and down, but averaging in the 50's I'd guess.

Krista-Will do. Can't wait to see y'all!

Jamin-It's a very manly cute blog on the block, okay! lol

Mom-I can't wait until the farmers are done with that operation...then maybe we can open windows again!

Debbie said...

Welcome back to cyber space. You beat us on 1st snowfall. We had a bit a week ago, but not a real snow yet.

votejaredn29