You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Nursing Home

Last Friday we went to the local nursing home with a group from the chapel. We were going to wish them happy birthday. We had a large group. We gave them their gifts and then sang happy birthday. After that we sang the chorus of "Joy to the World," in English and Japanese.
















The lady sitting is 104. Amazing..truly amazing!















In the bottom of the gift bags was some sparkling stencil. The workers at the nursing home couldn't figure it out and I heard them say "uki" among themselves. Then one of the lady's carried it over to the Christmas tree and put it on the tree. Mom and another lady started to help them. they couldn't reach the last couple of feet near the top, so I stepped in!



Just in case you were wondering, I avoided hitting my head on the door jams. There were a few close calls, but the collision was averted!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to hear from you sounds fun

Jared said...

yeah, sorry its been a while. I've been boycotting photobucket and so I hadn't written anything for lack of pics, and I got a bit behind

votejaredn29