You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ice Festival!

We went to the Towada Ice Festival a while back....like almost a month ago! I'm trying! lol

I don't know why, but this picture is really small







There was a stage with a huge carving as the backdrop. It was very cold, but well worth it! As it would get dark they would light up the sculptures and stage. There also was a large tent with heaters and food, or else I don't think we would have survived all those hours!




















Mmmmmm.....



































After it had gotten dark, these drummers came out (there is a different word for it, but I don't remember what it was). They beat the drums and yelled and jumped and looked very cold!





















After the drum show, they set off fireworks. It was a really neat experience! A couple from the chapel did a sculpture out there, for some reason the photo won't load, but theirs looked really neat!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jared,
Great post!

Love you
Dad

Natalie said...

Mmm... How was the fish?

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

This reminds me that I've not blogged about this....

Jared said...

thanks!

I don't know, we just took a picture, we didn't actually eat it! lol

votejaredn29