You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Running and Ponies

I will post about some more interesting stuff soon, I just forgot the password to get to the pictures to add visuals! lol

We've had a pretty laid back week. We've all gotten a good deal of school done, but not to the point of stressing out. The weather has been getting warmer and so we've all spent a lot of time outside.

Uncle Nate and I went for a run tonight. We made it into Oriosi, but it was dark so we turned back. It was a good run, a bit chilly though. I love running in Japan. I got up early the other day and went running through the rice fields, and even though it is just dirt right now the view of the snow capped mountains is breathtaking. And then at night, with the sun setting behind the bonsai trees, and then glow of Hachinohe in the distance. Even though getting here was a trial, and if it had been up to me at the time we would have stayed in Texas. But now that I'm here, I wouldn't trade the time here for the world.

Arielle, Nolan, Alex, and I walked to see the pond/ponies as well. We got to the ponies right as the farmer was putting them away for the night. He motioned for me to come over and so I did, the others were a bit behind. He and I talked a bit. With his bit of English, and my bit of Japanese we actually had a relatively intelligent conversation. We talked about the ponies; one is male, the other is female. The male is about 6 years old and named Moishu or something like that. The female is 7 and is named Hannah. We talked about whether we would get any more snow for the year. We actually joked about our speaking abilities, both of us got a kick out that! He then told me, partly in English and partly in Japanese to come tomorrow at 8, or 3 and we could feed the ponies. But then he led us over to his car, opened it up and gave us all an apple to bring to the ponies when we did. So we really need to remember to go over there tomorrow!

5 comments:

Michael said...

Hi Jared
School, running, horses and apples? It sounds like you are all having a good time. I was wanting to call you your Sunday AM but forgot about sunday school - so I was late.

I'll be home soon.
Love you, proud of you
Dad

Jamin said...

haha that would be funny if he's just trying to get yall to do some his work for him lol seemed like a cool guy from what I remember

Jared said...

YAY!

the farmer actually brought his tractor into our subdivision to help us clear it out...what goes round come round I guess! lol

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Yes, it was VERY nice of him to help us did out of the mountain of snow....

You make me almost want to try running - but I'll stick with walking - when it WARMS up. LOL

Jared said...

I can't wait till it starts to get warmer!!!!

votejaredn29