You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sakula!

The cherry blossoms bloomed this week! It was breathtaking! We met a family from the chapel at the Statue of Liberty Park for lunch on Wed.

Under the cherry trees!
From 2010-05-05

It was Children's Day the day we went, and so there were LOTS of folks out having fun. It is strange. I've not seen that many Japanese familes...like father/mother/children in one spot in a long time. And they were all having fun and relaxing, another unusual sight.
From 2010-05-05

We took Dad with us....

From 2010-05-05



From 2010-05-05


From 2010-05-05

Lunch under the cherry blossoms...nothing like it

From 2010-05-05



From 2010-05-05



From 2010-05-05

After lunch, I headed over to Lady Liberty to work on school. It was neat. I sat at the base of the statue. The wind was blowing some of the cherry blossoms off the trees and so I've got blossom pettles in my school book and backpack. I got a lot done, but the Japanese girls blowing bubbles all over the place made me finish early. lol
From 2010-05-05


From 2010-05-05

6 comments:

Penny said...

OMG Jared it's beautiful!!!!!!
Penny

Jared said...

It is! It is so breathtaking, kind of like being in Narnia

Mom to 5 bugs said...

Jared-
Do we have practice tomorrow?
Kyle

Jared said...

No we do not

Michael said...

Jared, some of the pics are worthy of post cards - the bottom two, specifically. I have a row of roses out in fornt of my building and the Destille garden - that's about it.

Love you
Dad

Jared said...

They would make some great post cards! hmmm a picture on the wall for sure!

votejaredn29