You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Moving Doors

I've had a very busy last couple of days! I've started school again this week. It's been a gradual start this week....I've been taking on more and more every day. I've started to train myself to be up at 6 every morning, and get a good start on the day. My morning system from last year is just a little bit thrown off because of the crutches, but I've been working on it.

I had my re-evaluation appointment for my ankle yesterday......it turned into a very long day with lots more appointments scheduled but I still don't have the answers I wanted....like, "WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY ANKLE???" The doc said I needed to stay on crutches for another 3 weeks, and then we'll have it x-rayed again. And I'm set to start physical therapy in October.

We had it x-rayed yesterday, but they said they couldn't see anything on the x-ray....but the one i had 2 weeks ago showed SOMETHING. He said it could be a subtle fracture....or some other big scientific word, but I think it is basically a really bad bone bruise (that could require surgery if it doesn't heal right) or it could be a bone bruise that is healing right and won't require surgery....I don't understand it all. But I'm looking at crutches for another 3-9 weeks.

But what I do understand is that I'm out of football for the season :( I went and talked to coach after the appointments and let him know. I'm not real happy about it....but life goes on. One door closes, lots more open. I just need to keep moving and not get stuck in the closing doors....if that makes any sense.

2 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Good perspective, Jared...and it took less than a day to reach it. I'm proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Jared
I was really looking forward to seeing you play football.
Apparently the Lord has other plans and another direction for this season. By definition, that is OK. Just roll with it and see what great things come about from this.
Keep your chin up regarding the other issues - come to think of it, we really would not have even known about the other issues except for this injury.
Love you and proud of you,
Dad

votejaredn29