You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Tale of Two Trips to the UCC

Last Monday at football practice, we were doing tackling drills. I was doing pretty good, I"d broken every tackle that day and was feeling good. But in the one tackle that i went down. I dont even know how to describe how it happened....but something bad happened to my ankle. That was game week against our rival for the championship and so I was determined to work through it.

I wasn't able to practice Tuesday, and Wednsay (my foot was still swollen) I was still limping. I wrapped my ankle and tried to practice. On Thursday morning my foot hurt worse than it did on Tuesday and Wednsay and was still swollen. So Mom and I went to the UCC. I'd torn my ligaments and the docs x-rayed my ankle and couldn't tell whether it a bruised bone or a broken bone......soooooo their remedy was to be on crutches for two weeks and then come in and get it x-rayed again and then they should be able to tell if it's broken or bruised.

This is soooo frustrating to me!! I was building up momentum again from my last football injury and now I'm on the bench for at least two weeks, or if it's a break then my season is done. In my complete and unbiased opinion.....this sucks. But at least we don't have a game for a couple of weeks and so I should be able to play in the next game.

It kinda looks like my leg was cut off....it wasn't! lol

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Dude, I think you may need to find another sport or just stick to running. What injury number is this? :D Hope this doesn't become a habit of yours!

Jared said...

haha i'm starting to think that too! um....injury #2....i think this one puts me out for the season though :(

votejaredn29