You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Friday, July 16, 2010

School!

It's been a pretty slow, but somehow busy week! I'm pressing to get done with math by the end of next week, science is giving me some problems and so it is likely it won't be till around August that I'll be done with that :(

I've tried these last few mornings to get up 5; I was planning an excursion to the pond where I'd sit and fish for a couple of hours before the day started.....I attacked the alarm clock the first morning and went back to bed. The second morning it was raining, but I was awake! And then last night I just decided to go to bed and not try....but I woke up at 5:30 on my own. Weird. Maybe I'll try Sunday morning.

I'm going paint balling with the youth group tomorrow! And then after paint balling I'll run over the gym and get cleaned up and join the family. We are going on an ITT tour to see fireworks in Towada. I'm sure pics will follow!

I've been working my way through Crime and Punishment. That is a really good book! It is kinda dark, but I'm finding it very interesting. Yet at the same time, kinda disturbing. I've enjoyed comparing it to other "deep" books I've read this year, and seeing the similar technique that Dostoevsky and Victor Hugo used in their novels.

For the best books that I've read this year, Crime and Punishment ranks in the top three (with Pride and Prejudice and A Tale of Two Cities). All three are really good. Crime and Punishment is by far the most thought provoking though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fishing then school. I can see this being some kind of a dream for Josiah. Let me know what you find in there. It could be fun to do when I get back home.

Dad

Jared said...

I finally made it out there today! I think there is a type of carp in there, and I see bass I think

votejaredn29