You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

VBS-Day 1-2

We're almost half way through with this years VBS at the chapel. We've got around 250 kids attending, and a lot of volunteers. We've all been really busy.

I am a crew leader for the 3-4th grade boys......needless to say, they keep me on my toes! My crew, Crew #20, and I are all going to be really tight pals by the time this is done. We all have a blast. It kinda makes me think about House of Faith. I shutter to think about how immature I was that first year with dealing with them at HOF. I'm really glad I've had so much experience with dealing with hard kids, cuz I've not lost my cool once or even been close too.

Everyone knows Crew #20 is gathering up when they hear, "Hoorah, hoorah!" shouted everywhere. When I need their attention, or we need to gather up or move somewhere, I call, "hoorah!" and they all answer with "hoorah!" until we're all together. They're awesome guys. And then when we move from station to station, we form a Kongo line and sing. lol

Day 1 Funny:
The theme was God's Word being our compass. One of my crew members looked up to me (and this was after I'd been telling them how important it is to read the Bible cuz it will give you guidance for ANY life problems you may have) and said, "So the bible is our compass?"
Me, "Yep, that's right." He then reached out and randomly opened a pew Bible and started to read. I was suddenly distracted by one of my other crew members and so I looked away for a minute or two. My attention was quickly brought back to him when I heard, "Hey look! It says sex!" I looked down and he was reading something about sexual purity.
Me, "Ahh! Give me that!"
Kid, "But why does it say sex?"
Me, "Well the Bible is about real people and life-"
Kid, "And so it has sex in it????"
Me, "Just put the Bible down, let's sing this song."

Day 2 Funny:
It was at the end of the day, and we were singing the last song before announcements and then dismissal. Well......one of the kids in the crew in front of us decided to put his gum on the pew and one of his friends sat in it. So when we all stood up to sing, the kid suddenly got really freaked out because the gum was stuck to the back of his pants and it was holding him down.
Kid1, "AHHH! somethings got my butt!"
Kid2,"Oh my gosh, what is that????"
Kid3, "haha! it's stuck on his butt!"
Kid1, "Get it off!!"
You'd have to see it to really see the full humor in this. Kid1 was trying to stand up, but the gum wouldn't let him, and so Kid3 reached across and was trying to pull the gum of his butt, while Kid2 adds in sarcastic comments throughout the process. I tried to keep it under control, but all four of us were laughing really hard.

3 comments:

Brittany November said...

Cool blog!

Jared said...

Thanks!

Natalie said...

hahaha! This reminds me of "Kids Say The darndest Things"

votejaredn29