You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wandering Around Japan

A science experiment needed me to go and collect some leaves from trees in the area. During my search for leaves I found this picturesque Shinto shrine.....I really need to start taking my camera with me, because all I had was my cell phone. So I took pictures with the cell phone and then took pictures of the cell phone's pictures with Mom's camera. That is why they're kinda grainy. lol
From 2010_07_01_museum_games

From 2010_07_01_museum_games

From 2010_07_01_museum_games

Last Saturday I went with the youth group up to Aomori Christian center to help clean up the place (Cavalry Baptist sent a group as well). WOW! there was a lot of work to be done! And there was a lot of poison ivy and and poison oak. We did a lot of different stuff...from clearing brush to mowing 6.5 acres of grass with a push mower......it looked sooo funny to see five guys all pushing mowers in a circle on the same plot of grass!

It was a lot of work, but I had a blast! Hopefully pics will follow later!

Human videos is basically done for the summer. We will perform Set Me Free at Cavalry Baptist' youth rally for the Japanese at the end of July, and then we'll be dormant till school starts again. *Deep breath of relief* it has been a lot of work! But the team is awesome, and I'm going to miss it for the summer :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post, Jared. Is this the shrine near the house? I am missing going for our runs out there. The only place I have for running here is around the interior of the compound. Believe me; it gets old very quickly. The only thing worse is the treadmill. I have been told that I can run around the interior of the embassy compound, but that sounds like more of the same.

Love you
Dad

Jared said...

nope, it's a small shrine out in the middle of nowhere. By swan park actually. Yeah I miss those, can't wait till you get home! That sounds like it would get very boring after a while!

votejaredn29