You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Friday, April 24, 2009

Demonic Kids

Today I had House of Faith.....what we do is we go to a local elementary school and do a backyard Bible Club with them. How it works is that Jamin, another dude, and I will go and play football with the kids for a while and then we have the lesson.

For some reason they didn't feel like football, they wanted to play soccer....that was weird, but we went with it. We played soccer for a while.

I don't know why, but in any sport I play I always end up on the floor. When you fall down at House of Faith, you've got to get right back up; or else you'll get kicked in the head, gut, and have your knuckles ground into the pavement (I know this from personnel experience).

And so when I fell, I scrambled to get back up. Before I knew what was happening, Jamin, my own kin, was calling for a dog pile. Have you ever had fifteen, over weight children jump on op of you? If you haven't, then don't try it!

My ribs began to crack and I started to gag from loss of air. My right shoe and sock were taken and I found myself fighting for my life. Their blood was up and they attacked me as I struggled to my feet...Jamin took the shoe and threw it to me. I took off running...with one shoe on my foot, another in my hands. I got stuck in the jump ropes, and was forced to beat the head runners off with the shoe.

I ran to the water barrels, then over the playground, then back over the playground towards the water barrels again. The whole time I'm throwing them off of my back and holding on to my shoe. I threw the shoe to Jamin and collapsed by the water...bad idea. Next thing I knew I had cold water running down my back. I felt a sharp poke in my back, I turned around and saw the kid putting the knife away. It didn't hurt that bad...still it annoyed me.

Jamin led them around the yard and then he passed off the shoe to me....I took of running again. Straight up the play set and down the other side. We repeated this for a while until I threw the shoe off again. The kids jumped me. There's like five of them attacking my legs, I soon fall into the fire ant infested ground. I'm keeping them off of me while trying to get back up and run away. That's when they went for my pants; boy howdy did I start to fight! If you know me well, then you know I do a lot of running and have some strong legs....I sent them flying.

Ugh....We repeated this for some time. By the end I was soaked with cold water, covered in dirt and burs, my right foot was cut up with having no shoe, and I was ready to go home! Thank goodness the lesson started and so they had to go and sit down...I don't know how much longer I could have fought them off!

Another club, another day saved!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty rough! lol

bob

Jared said...

You have no idea! lol

votejaredn29