You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Some Tips

If you're planning on going to a camp in the summer or fall and you're thinking about mowing lawns for the money, then listen up. This could save your life...well maybe not.
My first tip is to make sure you get lots of sleep every night. If you don't then your speech is going to be slurred....and believe it or not but "yard," and "lard" begin to sound alike after a while. Most people don't feel inclined to hire when you say, "Excuse me sir, can I mow your lard? I have a weed-eater to!" By not having enough sleep also makes it hard for people to understand you. "My name is money, and I'm trying to raise Jared so I can go to Fall in WorldView Academy." Slammed door in the face...every time.
You also start to do crazy things...like climbing up light poles...which leads me to the conclusion that you need a lot of water.
Be prepared for the worst. When the lady says, "it's a little bit tall," usually means, "bring a machete and a flair gun." I did this one yard with all the elements...thunder, rain, baby rattlesnake, wasps (at weed-eating level), poisonous caterpillars, grass up to my waist, and pizza in the grass....all in the same yard at the same time...no lie. I'm not exaggerating when I say I opened the back gate and the grass swayed out towards me...I had to use the weed-eater just to shorten the grass so I could get the mower in the gate.
Okay...I'm going to exaggerate again....there was this one yard with a cave...that had a tunnel. I followed it down and found a ring and a small beagle dog. Oh yeah...no fooling.
If you're having trouble finding a job...then just wander up and down the same block for a day or two and eventually someone will hire you. The whole time you have to be looking like a lost puppy...not too hard for me. Or better yet, just start mowing; that usually gets peoples' attention!
Above all: If you're afraid of German shepherds, Pitt bowls, or any sort of large or aggressive dog, this may not be the job for you!

No comments:

votejaredn29