You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Shots

My family and I ran to the clinic today to get some files taken care of so we could move. Welllll.......While we were there we decided we'd get some of the shots that we need before we can go to our assignment.

I, being the oldest of my two siblings needing shots, heroically and bravely (hey, they only needed to hit me over the head once) went first. Nolan, my little brother smirked at me as i went into the room and he went down the hallway. I'm still calm and cool with this.

The doctor puts me in the chair while she gathers some bottles of some sort.
"How many shots am I getting?" I ask.
"Two." she says. I can handle two shots.
but as I sat there I watched her pull out SIX needles and start to fill them with the liquid from the bottles.
"How many am I getting again???" I ask, starting to get nervous.
"Only two." she says. It turns out these were for my brother and sister....so far, so good.

I'm the sort of person who can keep everything calm and under control until about the last minute. An example would be doing the zipline at a camp I went to and then remembering my fear of heights at the top....but I jumped anyways (with a little help!).

I couldn't handle it anymore.
"Shouldn't we pray before we do this???" for some reason everybody thinks your joking when you say this...I don't really know why.

They could have given me a cooler band-aid than the pink turtle one though!

2 comments:

Wes Ferdi said...

man, don't you hate it when you get the nurse that can't count? lol

-AJ

Jared said...

hahaha...yeah man. She was a really good doctor...I didn't even realize I was being shot until the second one. lol

votejaredn29