You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Monday

Today was the day that the new chapel up on base was having the ribbon cutting ceremony! It was pretty neat...the new chapel is great! And get this...it has cushioned seats instead of hard wood! YESSS!

One of the cutters of the ribbon was Congressman Mike Conaway. After the ceremony and the reporters had left Jamin and went to talk to him. That was super cool! We talked about the new chapel and then he asked us what we wanted to do in life.

When I told him I wanted to go into politics his eyes sort of lit up for a moment and then he gave me some advice. He suggested that I go into business for a while before I try to get into politics, that way I'd better be able to communicate to the people. I hadn't even thought of that.....but it really makes sense.

Later on in the day I finished up literature for the year!! I just need to go through my portfolio and make sure I have everything there.

2 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

You know there are a lot of professions you could go into that could eventually lead to politics and teach you to communicate with people....social worker,lawyer, businessman, pastor....

Jared said...

Marines.....lol

votejaredn29