You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Human Videos!

I've said in previous posts that I'm heading up a drama team at the chapel (human videos). It's time I get y'all a real update about that!

Our target audience is the Japanese. We just recently performed our first video at a youth rally off base, with a lot of Japanese. It was an amazing experience, and I'm glad the church had a couple there who could explain what we were doing. I've done some thinking about that, and I realize that the struggles an American youth goes through is different from that of a Japanese youth, making the message of a video not as powerful as it could be. I'm trying to find someone who has a heart for God and understands the Japanese culture to help us bridge the gap.
The youth rally was amazing though. The couple that was doing the speaking did a great job.

The high-school on base is having a talent show, and we signed our human video team up to perform in it. I wasn't sure of details or anything like that, but we decided to go for it. We started working on a new human video, to the song Set Me Free by Casting Crowns. The song is very powerful, and when we add the choreography to it, it should be a real smash. We've worked a couple of weeks on it, and so we have the general concept down but still don't know how to do it.

WELLLLLLLLL!!!! One of the team members e-mailed me today at 11:37 and said that the auditions for the talent show was tonight at 5-8. I hadn't thought of auditions, but here it was. The rest of my afternoon was spent frantically trying to get the team to meet for the audition with just several hours to spare. It has been a very wild afternoon! By 3, I hadn't heard from a lot of the team. I knew for sure there would be 3 of us, but it is hard to do this video with only 3 people! I started calling folks...didn't get much feedback. I waited and prayed...and tried to get school done! lol

In about the last hour and a half before I needed to leave for the base I started to hear from the team...about half was going to be there for sure. I went into my room and did a lot more praying. I was like, "God, if You want us to be there, then You open the doors and bring it together." I was very nervous riding up to the base. I still didn't have our main role covered.

When I arrived at the audition place there weren't very many people from our team...me and one other guy. I signed our name up at the bottom of the list to buy time and waited. In the end we had half the team show up, which was amazing with such short notice. Our main teenager wasn't there and so one of the team played her role. That was her very first time to play that role and she did amazing! We also didn't have a second Roman and so another guy played the Roman for the first time, and he did a great job as well.

When you think about all of that, how we weren't even sure if we would have a team or even what video we were about to do. Because we had just started working on the new one, that is the one we plan on doing in the talent show, we aren't real good with it yet. And so we were hoping they would let us do the first one we had learnt as a sample. But we didn't know if they would go for it until we standing in front of the judges. It is amazing. The team did an awesome job and they really pulled together. Some other people, who were auditioning as well, was peeking through the wall and were crying. God did some really cool stuff today. And the team did a great job. We all got together and we all prayed before we went in there. I just can't even put words to how amazing of a team they are, and how God did such a miracle all at the same time.

We find out Thursday if we are in. So please be praying for that!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Jared that is amazing you brought tears to my eyes reading it...I am so proud of you

Jared said...

it is amazing...God wants us in that talent show I think! We're doing a really cool song, Set Me Casting Crowns.

votejaredn29