You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Monday, September 14, 2009

It's what everyone wants to do!

Photobucket

On Friday we went to the train park off base. We met with some friends and played and had a lot of fun. We started to play tag and I noticed a couple of Japanese children (a boy and girl) watching with interest. So I walked up to them and said "excuse me, do you speak English?" in Japanese. I figured I may as well get the basics out of the way. When the girl answered no, I attempted to ask them if they wanted to play tag with us; using hand gestures. The girl got the point, but the boy didn't want to play.

The little girl played and seemed to have a lot of fun. I went to get a drink of water from the drinking fountain after I'd played for a while. The drinking fountains aren't like America where you have to put your mouth to the nozzle and siphon the water. It shoots the water WAY up in the air. After squirting myself in the face a few times I realized this was greatly amusing the two Japanese children, who were watching.

I know how to entertain younger children, having four younger siblings, and I did House of Faith where I worked with hundreds of kids under the age of 12. I KNOW how to make them laugh. Acting stupid works at the house, at the schools, and it has been proven to work in Japan! lol

So I shot myself in the face a few more times to make them laugh. But then the boy walked up and turned off the water. I assumed he was going to show how to do it. He turned the water on again, full pressure, and put his hands in it...consequently spraying me with water. That really made them laugh. And so they did it again and again and again and again; until I was thoroughly soaked.

Oh well, it was bonding!

2 comments:

Daughter of Trust said...

good job with the international diplomatic bonding...you are cute. lol

Jared said...

thanks! haha

votejaredn29