You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Quick Update

There hasn't been much to report.

The weather has been really rainy these last few days, but today was real nice and sunny. I'm starting to need to wear my coat, there's a chill in the air. This may have something to do with living in Texas for the last 4 years. (G)

The library has been closed for renovations these last couple pf days and so I've done school at the TLF, sealed in Arielle's bedroom so I don't wake up Dad on the other side of the TLF. He's been working night shifts and sleeping during the day.

I like the school load I have right now; I sort of wish I could keep it this light all year round, but that won't get me in college, so no. The show must go on! I've been working on Kanji. This is harder than you may think! I'm starting to pick up some words and stuff, and this is only the third day! I saw a yen today and was able to read the Kanji on it that said, "Japan," and "10 yen."

3 comments:

Nate Townsend said...

Time for a coat?!? Do you even have one of those after being in Texas for so long? I'm envious that you have a decent library. I think I will be getting a Kindle soon, because i have a-lot of free time and am running out of books to read. Enjoy the downtime...it wont last much longer.

miss you all,
nate

Kim said...

Glad you are enjoying the kanji!!! It is so fun to be able to read signs and things, isn't it!

Many menus are written in katakana. One of the 3 written alphabets of Japan. It's fun to read ice coffee and know what it is!

Gannbatte! Kim

Jared said...

Uncle Nate,

We do have winter gear that we bought before we moved..the problem is that it is in a box somewhere. lol

The library is nice. Everything is a lot bigger, despite what they say, than it was in TX. So the BX, commissary, library all seem huge! lol

Mrs. Kim-I love being on the know, so I'm excited to start picking out numbers and words on signs and pictures. Something I can read! lol

what does Gannbatte mean?

votejaredn29