You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Guess what...

....is just a mile or so down the road from where we'll be living????
Photobucket
The big blue!

This is a re-cap of the last 3 days! We've gone to the ocean every day, so it's a hit! The house is finished and so it is just a matter of time; hopefully by Wed or Thursday, we should be moving in. I can't wait to get out of the TLF's! I can't help but laugh at the people who complain about being in them for a week and a half. I'm like, "lady, I've been here 7 to 8 weeks. I'm really not the person to be complaining around!"
Photobucket
There's these shipwrecks up on the beach. If look down the coast you can see Hachinohe.
Photobucket
Apparently people comb the beaches in search of glass floaty things. I don't know why. I found this, it didn't make the cut though!
Photobucket
umm....I guess we went to the house sometime during the weekend
Photobucket
You can't swim on this part of the coast, because you'll probably die. And most people try to avoid that.
Photobucket
We all love the coast for different reasons...I have a special reason to like it because it has a basketball hoop. These are the first ones I've seen off base so far. I want to play the Japanese some time, but first I need to learn how to ask, "Can I play basketball with you?" lol
Photobucket

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Fantastic pictures...I love the ocean.

So glad things are moving along with the new house. Hope to see moving in pictures soon.

Why would you die? Cold? (Can't be worse than Maine.) Sharks? Jelly-fish?

Jamin said...

I'm wanting to dive into that ocean when I get there! Why is it dangerous?

Can't wait till yall are settled! I'll bet you guys are ready. lol

Jared said...

There is a lot of under current that would drown you I guess. I don't ask questions, I just obey orders! lol

We are so ready to be moved in!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Last year a Navy Seal died on these beaches. The Japanese city government and the base have declared there is one spot that the public is allowed to swim in in Misawa...or so we were briefed.

Debbie said...

Ah, forgot about undertows...that can be very dangerous. I'm not much for polar bear swims anymore anyway, so just looking at that gorgeous ocean, hearing the surf and maybe a bit of wading would suit me.

Jared said...

haha. Yep, that's the way to do it!

Kim said...

Hi Jared - Well, the word for basketball is "ba su ke to". So, you might try, ba su ke to, issho ni shi masu ka?

Let me know if it works!

issho ni is - together

Jared said...

Thanks mrs. Kim, I'll give it a shot.

votejaredn29