You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Beach/Coast

On Saturday we went to the beach. Although we didn't plan on swimming, some of went swimming! For a while we were the only Americans on the beach. The lifeguards had their stands set up some 400 yards away from the water...a lot of help they would have been!

There was some very loud music playing on speakers...I can't really say what genre it was, I'm not sure what that was!

I have overcome jetlag at last, I slept till 7 this morning! One thing that I learned within hours of being in Tokyo was that it is rude to point....you have to use your whole hand. I sort of feel like an airplane host every time I need to point something out!

But back to the beach! Nolan, Alex, and Stacia dove in. Arielle and I attempted to build a sand-castle. That was maybe the second time I've ever made one of those! I had to borrow design from Stacia's "Princess Castle." Arielle and I built the castle right next to the water. It was a long struggle to keep the sand from washing it away, but it eventually did. Seemed like a good analogy to life...maybe I'll write a post about that later.

There is a lot of pics....so much to take in all at once!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We had lunch...the table was to small for Dad and I's knees. Someone didn't have six foot 2 and six foot 4 Americans in mind when they built that!
Photobucket

Where they were swimming was a man-made little harbor. We walked past that a ways and came to the real ocean. It had big old waves and a surfer...this was the real deal! I tried talking to a fisherman down there, asking about what kind of fish he caught. It worked fairly well. I said, "good afternoon...do you speak English." He said "a little" (in Japanese). He then showed me his fish. Mission complete!
Photobucket

We drove down to Miss Vedol's point. This was really pretty! I watched a man in a tractor work on something or another...but the water was splashing up all around him. It was really cool looking.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

We climbed the tower and watched the fog roll in. Neat looking. We then walked around in the woods for a while. The country side is beautiful!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Jared, the area you all are in looks very beautiful. So much to explore. What an adventure you will have over the next few years.

Krista said...

SO was it you or dad that grew 2 inches since the summer?

Natalie said...

Looks like you had fun!

Jared said...

Debbie-It is so beautiful, I'd say more than alaska, and, by a long shot, Texas!

Krista-I'm still the same, Dad may be 6"3, but I think he was 6"4.

votejaredn29