You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Seattle-Tokyo

We got up early Friday and headed for the airport in Seattle. We were all really excited, I think it all went smoothly.

The plane ride from Seattle to Tokyo was long. If you'll go down a few posts you will see my review of Monsters V.S Aliens....wellll, guess what was the only movie that was playing? That's right, MvsA. I must have watched that thing 4 to 5 times.

This map was fun to watch....It got very long by Russia. That part of the flight seemed like it would never end!
Photobucket

We arrived in Tokyo on Sunday. Mom has friends in Tokyo who met us there. They were lifesavers!

It was interesting to listen to the difference between SEA TAC and the Tokyo airport. SEA TAC was loud and hectic. It was very quiet and orderly in Tokyo. We rode the shuttle to the hotel...there wasn't enough room for everyone so I, Lou, and Jun, took a taxi.

Alex was really excited to show me this...he even showed me the position to use a toilet like this...no picture of that!
Photobucket
The alarm clock in the hotel was built into the desk
Photobucket
The New Testament next to the teachings of Buddha
Photobucket
Jetlagg was catching up with us. I woke up at 1 in the morning, Alex woke up at 2, and Nolan at 2:30. We eventually turned on the TV....and watched TV all in Japanese for a few hours. We were pretty bored. We all took showers in that time, I took a shower twice if that tells you how bored we were!

The next day (Sunday) we took a shuttle across Tokyo to the Haneda airport. We had three luggage carts. As we approached the escalator I started to look around for a elevator, because we can't go down the escalator. Or so I thought. Next thing that I knew, Lou was on his way down!
Photobucket
A building in Tokyo...I don't know what this means, but there it is!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Disney Tokyo
Photobucket
A very long tunnel....playing the game of holding your breath while in tunnels isn't going to work in Japan!
Photobucket
You can barely see it, but the signs distance is in meters...I'm starting to wish I had paid more attention to the metric lesson in math!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Mrs. Kim, Mr. Lou, and Jun
Photobucket
All of us
Photobucket
The family
Photobucket
Yes, I am wearing a cowboy hat in Tokyo....and yes it did get a lot of stares!
Photobucket
I'm not sure where this is!
Photobucket
A traffic sign in Misawa
Photobucket

The flight to Misawa was short and pleasant. The Japanese are SOOOOO polite and helpful. At one point I did have a conversation in Japanese. It was very limited, but it's a start. As we were leaving though, the wife of the man I was talking to, bowed. I didn't know what else to do, so I bowed back. She bowed again, so did I. I thought, "oh no you don't, we're not going down this road!"

2 comments:

Natalie said...

hahaha... So, how much Japanese do you speak?

Jared said...

I speak a very limited amount. I'm going to be learing the lanquage and even try to learn Kangi. But until then, the Japanese are very polite and help you, even if you can't speak! lol

votejaredn29