You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Chopsticks, part II

We ran errands off base and decided to get lunch off base. It was funny. The waiters brought me a menu, I thought it was because everyone else had one and we ran out. My menu was in English and so I knew what I was ordering. Everyone else's was in Japanese...I didn't know.

The waitress came after we pushed a button that ringed throughout the whole restaurant. Mom ordered. After the waitress left Mom said, "I don't know what I ordered, but it looks good."
"Oh, that's the mega beef bowl. It has rice." Mom was really impressed, she thought I was reading Japanese.

They then brought ME the water, and the food, but took Mom the bill. I guess it was because I was the man of the group that they brought me everything, including the English menu.

It was cool. The lady had a little cell phone looking thing that she used to type in our orders...like a hand held register. Pretty cool!

Eating rice with chopsticks is sort of hard!
Photobucket
The less adventurous got ice-cream
Photobucket

Photobucket
It was sticky for the little ones, but mine wasn't real sticky.
Photobucket

3 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

That was fun. I still can't believe I thought you were reading Japanese. LOL

Daughter of Trust said...

I'll make a MAN out of yooouuuu....

Jared said...

Bet you didn't know I spoke Kanji! lol

Tranquil as a forest, but a fire within!

votejaredn29