You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Friday, August 14, 2009

The Nursing Home

We went to a Japanese nursing home today to give them birthday gifts and sing happy birthday. It was really neat!

When we got there they had us take off our shoes and point them towards the door, so when you leave it's already in the general direction, I guess. But then they had these blue, and in my opinion, not very manly looking slippers that you put on.....seeing where this is going????

The biggest size was maybe a 9 and1/2...I wear 12 and 1/2.....I shuffled along behind everyone else, trying not to loose the slipper in the hallway.

Have I mentioned that I'm 6"2? The doors jams were about 5"11. I whacked my head against the top of the door jam; and nearly repeated this tragedy on the way out. And to think that all my life I have been using my hands to knock on doors!

It was really cool to be there. It made me realize just how little Japanese I actually know. I guess it is time to break out Pimsluer.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! you are so funny! oh the travesty!

Bre G

Jared said...

You have no idea! lol

Anonymous said...

Sounds Awesome

votejaredn29