You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Crazy Cat

The other day, while the packers were packing more stuff from our house....I think, I took Stacia (my 3yo sister) to the park. On the way she told me all about her moose and lions that were playing hide-and-go-seek. That was new!

On the way back a cat ran out at us from a driveway. Stacia wanted to pet it, and so I let her. That was a mistake, because the cat followed us all of the way home. I slammed the gate in its face, hoping it would take the hint that we did not want it to come into the yard.

It was a very hot day and so I went to get our dog, Beatrix (she's about 18), some water. I heard this scratching sound by the fence. Next thing I knew there was this yellow cat in our yard. I have not seen Beatrix show that much life in forever. She darted past me and straight at the cat. The cat turned into a fuzz ball and actually did a somersault over the dog. The cat then ran up the fence and hissed at the dog. I called Beatrix back and continued to give her water. The cat jumped down again....the dog and cat did the same thing.

They repeated this a few more times. I sent the dog inside because I didn't want her to loose an eye if she actually caught the cat! I chased the cat around the yard, with about the same effects. Then Dad came out and pulled out the water hose. The cat jumped over the fence. We could hear it whining a little ways down the alley. We all thought that was the end of the story and went back into the garage to work on the electricity.

It was really hot in the garage so I opened the garage door. A yellow cat wondered in....I tell ya! We put it into a basket, behind bars. It laid down and purred at us. Josiah, Dad, and I thought about what to do with it. A little bit later we came up with the perfect cover up story: Shot while trying to escape.

For real now. We drove it away, and we haven't seen it since. It was hard to get rid of it! This may seem small in the overall scheme, but it was something that broke the routine of the day!

I need to get off...but I have started to update. I'll get the haircut, graduation, and family pictures when I can get to the Internet again. I'm still having troubles with comments. I can see them, but it won't let me reply. I'm working on it, but right now I need to go!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Sounds like the cat found you this time!

Jared said...

haha..it was something else! /dogs seem to hate me and cats seem to like me. Which is funny, because I like dogs and don't like cats! lol

Natalie said...

I'm not into pets all that much. I think I like other people's pets than my own.

Jared said...

hahaha....wow, that's terrible! lol

votejaredn29