You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Haircuts!!

I went to get a haircut the other day. I got a haircut right before the Civil Air Patrol awards banquet...early December. And then in January I finished Civil air Patrol and so I didn't need to keep it cut every other week.

When the barber called my number I bravely went up. Without any thought about personnel safety I sat down in that chair. I've been scarred of barbers ever since I was ten and had my head buzzed because of a miscommunication with the barber!
"I just want to warn you, I haven't had a haircut since December. Something may jump out at you." I felt it was my duty to warn her. She laughed a nervous chuckle and asked what I wanted done with it.

I was sitting in a military barbershop and so everyone else was getting their heads buzzed. "I'd like it to be short, but not like you know who, short." she went to work.

While she was working I was looking at all of the military guys around me. How in the world could this guy possibly cut his hair any shorter???? I thought. They found a way. Truly amazing.

After a while, "How would you like the ears done?" I thought about it and then answered.
"Let's keep the ears, but cut the hair around the ears." she laughed.
"You're making it hard to cut."
"I'm sorry, I couldn't help it." There's that whole just saying whatever comes to mind thing again!

Jamin walked in, he looked hurried.
"You can't rush art," I told him.

I really should have stopped telling jokes. But I didn't. That might explain why my hair looks the way it does! She charged a little extra for that job!

3 comments:

Julie Zesch said...

Hey we need a picture!! lol I love reading your blog I laugh every time. So if the next I see you I'm staring at your head..... you will know why lol
Jenny

Natalie said...

I'd like to see this! I just got my hair cut today, and I can't decide if I like it or not.

Jared said...

haha, okay Jenny! I'll see if I can find a picture. lol

Well Natalie, give it a few days and then you'll like it. That's about how it happens!

votejaredn29