You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I'm Ralf

Don't you hate it when you see somebody you think you know and so you run up to that person and are like, "HEY MAN! long time no see? How are you doing?" and then the guy just nods and says he's doing great....and then asks who I am.....awwwkkkwwaaarddddd.

I am part of the problem, but they give me faulty information and that is another part of the problem. I'm always just like, "How dare you impersonate a friend of mine." I seem to have this happen quite a bit. I was in Midland doing an airshow with Civil Air Patrol and I was a flight commander; so I was running around with a roster trying to find the people in my flight. I run into a guy in the hallway. "Are you Nathaniel V?" the guy looks at me and nods his head. "Good, you have kitchen duty, meet me in the kitchen at 5:30 tomorrow morning." he nodded his head and everything seemed good. Welllll.......the next morning at 5:3 I say, "Nathaniel, how are you doing?" He says, "Nathaniel? I'm Ralf." Eventually we found the real person and had the impostor disposed of.

Or just the other day at the gym....I walk up to a guy. "Hey Mr. Jones [not his real name]! how are you doing? The guy looks at me, "pretty good," he has a look of confusion on his face. I try to clear it up, "I played basketball with Caleb, remember me?"
"MR. Jones", "you're Caleb?" At this point I'm beginning to realize something isn't right.
Me, "No I played basketball with Caleb, you are Caleb's dad, right?"
Mr Jones, "I'm Jeff from El Dorado." I hate it when that happens; because I feel stupid and they feel stalked......people should just quit looking like people I know and we wouldn't have this problem!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

LOL. I've never been the one to go up to somebody that I wasn't sure I knew, but I've had people (like you) come up to me and claim we've met before. It's awkward on this side of too.

Jared said...

haha...it's unpleasant on both sides of the issue I guess! I had a guy walk up to me after I wrote this and ask if my name was AJ....it's very common! lol

votejaredn29