You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Packers, day 1-2

They came, they worked, they left. That about sums up the Wednesday crew! I have had a really long week...I don't remember what was key about this day...I was really sober and felt dead the whole day. I guess that could be from coming off of the slushy from the day before!

The Thursday crew was really good. They knew what they were doing, they were polite, and quick. It only took them a day and a half to pack all of our storage.

In the middle of all the craziness of packing this little rat/dog thing ran into the house. Jamin picked it up and took it outside. The lady across the street said she knew who it belonged to. So Jamin handed up the chiwowaw (I have no idea how to spell the name!). Life was good. And then a lady stopped by and asked if we had seen her dog. Jamin told what had happened. She left, life was good again. I took the our dog on a walk. I'm stopped by this car in the middle of the intersection. Of course I'm thinking I'm about to get mugged or something. Nope.
This lady wanted to know where/why we took her dog!!! She asked if the people we gave the dog to was crazy..I told her no. I bit my tongue not to say something really sarcastic! I assured her we hadn't taken her dog and told her where to go for the dog. I pressed on with my walk. Life was good again.

The neighbors we gave the dog to was wrong about knowing where the dog belonged, and so she handed it off to another neighbor and ran some chores.

About ten minutes later the same car pulled up behind me and the lady asked me AGAIN. I told her all I knew again...she asked me to look for her dog because they had no idea where they were. While the lady had been stalking me another lady had been doing the same to Jamin at the house. Jamin and I went and looked for the dog and eventually found the chiwowaw. Go to Scribe-Jamin.blogspot.com for the things we wanted to say during this whole show!

WHY does everybody assume I want to help them find their dogs???? I had some guy pull up behind me awhile ago and thrusted a piece of paper into my hand.
"Help me find my Yorkie!" And he drove off. The paper had a picture of his dog on it. Why me? Do I really look like the sort who will drop everything to go and look for your dog? You lost it, you find it!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Maybe God's trying to say something to you. What do you think it is? LOL!

Jared said...

To be a dog catcher? lol

Natalie said...

Maybe you're just an amazing finder of lost things. I dunno.

Jared said...

haha...starting with my own wallet!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I found it funny that she seemed to think we'd dognapped her precious....maybe she thought it was in the moving truck...maybe the move is a all a ruse to steal the dog? ::snort::

Jared said...

haha..either that or we panicked and decided to skip town! lol

votejaredn29