You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Firemen Called

This happened while I was still living in a house...a few months back.

Ever had a conversation with someone and it feels as if you're not getting through? The firemen called here tonight.
Here's the extent of our conversation:
Fireman, "Is Ditta there?
Yours truly, "no"
Fireman, "Hello Miss Ditta! [I'm thinking, "not a good friend of the family"] I was calling to thank you on behalf of the fire dept for donating and helping our programs....." he then went on to tell me how great the programs were, "I just wanted to say Thank You for making this possible." Me, "My pleasure [I'm thinking in my head, "What did I do again?"]"
Fireman, "Thank you,"
Jared, "Thank you for all that you do,"
Fireman, "Thank you, and thank you for helping us do that, now how much can we put you down for?"
A quick note: I tried getting the guy off of the phone when I heard him start talking from the start, but he wouldn't let me get a word in edge wise!
Jared, not wanting to be rude, and certain he won't call back, as he said so himself, "You'll have to try again tomorrow and you might get DeEtta (Ditta)."
Fireman, "Are you Ditta or her husband?"
Jared, "Look slappy [didn't actually say that] I'm her son." You can just guess how it went from there....He won't be calling here again.....or so I thought. He called back several more times!
votejaredn29