You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Better than the Drunken Duck?

We have had some very busy last few days! We've gone to the park... and had tea in Stacia's house
Photobucket
While in Crescent City ,we built a raft, The Drunken Duck (nicknamed U.S.S Submarine by Uncle Earl). While In Eugen we decided to build a tree house. We found a good tree and a pallet in the basement. Mom and Stacia were shopping at the time. Krista and Arielle climbed into the tree and I lifted the pallet over my head to them in tree. Nolan, Alex, and G'Ma were putting in steps for the vertically challenged, as Krista would say. We discovered a flaw in the plan: We didn't have a support piece for the middle.

Krista, Arielle, and I went back to the basement to borrow some wood from another pallet.
"Wouldn't it be funny if Mom were to walk in right now." I joked as I banged away with the hatchet. "I can see it now, 'Well Mom, we've decided that we've been inside to long, we're tunneling out!'" Right as I finished, Mom's head poked around the corner.
"Um, hi Mom." I hide the hatchet behind my back. I bet you can almost hear me saying, "wanna hear a funny story?"

We went back out and added the center piece. It is still weak and we need to take a rope and tie it to the branches above. G'Pa dropped by later with a lot of extra building material...I think we can get it really secure now!
Photobucket

I would argue that this is more sound than the Drunken Duck

No comments:

votejaredn29