You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Seattle/Japanese

We met our cousins for dinner tonight at a Japanese restaurant. It was a lot of fun. The chef was really funny and good with what he was doing. At one point he asked if we wanted to try chicken sushi, when we all told him no, he laughed and said, "You don't have a choice."

Some of us have mastered eating with a chopstick better than others of me
Photobucket
That was very warm
Photobucket
Alex laughed and laughed
Photobucket
He asked if we wanted any more shrimp. I had been avoiding eating shrimp because I had decided about twenty minutes earlier that I was allergic to it. But then the chef said if you wanted more shrimp you had to work for it. He diced up a piece and tossed it to my second cousin. He missed. Alex then volunteered me. Not wanting to seem rude, I tried it and missed it as well. He went around the table until no one else wanted to try. There was one piece left. He asked me if I wanted to try again. I don't like to try something and lose, if I lose then I try it again until I win...that shrimp was a challenge. I tried again and actually caught it....wished I missed. I just kept smiling and nodding...while fighting the gag re-action. I got extra fried onions for that manoeuvre!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Nate Townsend said...

Sounds fun! Hope you are doing well. Have a great flight...finaly!

votejaredn29