You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Rain and Aggies in Oregon???

It poured rain on Sunday. I have not seen that much rain since we left Texas. After church I walked down into the basement and found that it had flooded. Uncle Nate, Dad, and I went to work moping it up.

I said something to the affect of, "I hate this summer," as we mopped up the water. Uncle Nate said something like, "You'll always remember this summer of 09...at least it can't get worst." Right as he said that, his mop fell apart. We all laughed. And then we were like, "NOW it can't get any worse!." But then the mop head fell apart even more....springs and such all over the floor.

I think we have a leak!
Photobucket
Good umbrella!
Photobucket
Wow...I didn't realize how scary looking I've been getting! It's been a long move!
Photobucket
Mom's laptop was doing something strange. While she was musing about what could be wrong with it, I said, "Wanna hear a funny story? It's about a little boy who made a mistake." (That's my catch-phrase!). Stacia looked at me and said, "Wanna hear a better story? It's about a super-girl, named Stacia, who kills a little boy who made a mistake." Violent little girl!

While getting lunch today I actually saw a guy wearing an Aggie t-shirt. I take back all comments about this area being Longhorn fans. I should have made the Longhorn symbol to him, but I was so amazed to see an Aggie in Duck country. Oregonians are more crazy about the Ducks than Texans are about the Aggie's/Longhorns!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Doesn't your uncle know that if you say that, it'll jinx the rest of your summer? LOL.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Love stacia's comment...I need to retell that on my blog so it is saved for all time in the family journal. LOL

votejaredn29