You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Monsters vs Aliens

I recently saw Monsters vs Aliens. It was funny....but I was scrutinizing every line during the whole movie and so I'm sure I missed some of the humor! I had a blast hanging out with the siblings and cousin, but here's my opinion of the movie.

My opinion of the movie isn't very faltering for whoever made the movie. Some may think, "back off Jared, it's just a little kids movie." And it is because that it was aimed for little kids that I'm going after it so hard!

Lets start with the one that was in your face. Evolution. One of the Monsters was "The Missing Link." I hope they weren't trying to be subtle with that character. He was a fish/monkey thing. But by making him one of the good guys he slides under the table as okay.

It seems to me that all of the kids movies nowadays are pushing the gay agenda. Finding Nemo, The Wild, Happy Feet, and Madagascar 2. And this is okay? The children are having this garbage injected into them at a young age. The Monsters are different from everybody else and are unfairly shunned by society. Society should just accept them for the way they are. It wasn't blatant, but the agenda was there.

Another thing was how it seemed to be making fun of George W. Bush. The president in the movie wasn't very flattering to the Presidential office. It is hard to explain the scenes from the movie backing this, but it did seem like they were mocking Bush. The constant attacks on Bush are unfair. Don't get me wrong, Bush made mistakes, but what he dealt with from the left wing media for 8 years was wrong.

Something in the movies favor would be that Susan didn't want to be a giant, but she made the best out of the situation and didn't complain and whine.

5 comments:

Julie Zesch said...

great discernement. By the way it is a homosexual agenda not "gay." Gay means happy, merry, jovial. The homosexuals have attempted(mostly successfully) to use positive words to describe themselves. If we let them change the language to fit their agenda, we have already lost most of the battle. I for one refuse to describe them as "gay." Most of them are the antithesis of what gay really means.

RZ

Michael said...

Good review, Jared. Those were some of the isues I keyed on as well. In some ways, though, the slight against the president could also include Bill Clinton, the saxophone player. but probably not - knowing the medias track record.

Love you
Dad

Natalie said...

Finally someone who shares the same opinion on President George Bush! I just watched "Monsters and Aliens" with my cousins this weekend. Although to be honest I was a bit preoccupied with others things at the same time. Had no clue that was in the film. Thanks for the info.

Jared said...

It was subtle, but the dig was there.

Anonymous said...

Just watched the movie and thought president has some resemblance with bush so search and found ur article. Well I noticed those points too. However to me those were not so negative and may be if there was a homosexual agenda then probably it was to develop some tolerance .
As for bush well i think this movie was not the only media plateform where he was presented the way he was . Unfortunately that was his personality.. It is not so easy to make fun of obama even if u dont like him. Slightly easier for Clinton but certainly bush was the champion.

votejaredn29