You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Friday, July 10, 2009

Pikes Market

This happened the day before the van was stolen....so the fourth?

If you have ever spent much time with me you probably know that all it takes is a dare and I'll do just about anything! I don't know who it was who said we should wear our cowboy hats through Seattle...but we did. Josiah, Jamin, and I.

It was pretty neat. We walked around...watched people throw fish. Jamin got a picture riding a big old pig...but the camera the picture was taken on was stolen. Bummer. I could have blackmailed him with that someday...I don't know how...but I would have.

Those stairs were high...have I mentioned I'm afraid of heights? I don't know how I'm going to skydive in a few years...but I'll cross that bridge when it comes!
Photobucket
Throwing fish...they dropped a few
Photobucket
World's Tallest man...not Josiah, the dude behind him
Photobucket
On the harbor
Photobucket
Jamin and I found a spider web out on the dock...it was hanging above the water. For some reason we wanted to knock it into the water. So we tried...all we did was make it very mad at us. We were sort of disappointed.

After the van was stolen; we (the kids) didn't have much we could do while Mom and Dad worked out the problems that kept being thrown at them. We did a lot of swimming and racquetball. When a TV crew asked me what we did during the day, I was like. "UM.....racquetball." And Josiah threw in, "What we're doing right now." We were sitting on the couch.

Jamin and I had a lot of fun on the elevators...we were on the third floor. On the way down I positioned myself in front of the door like a secret service person...or so I fancied. The door opened, I stepped out and right into a guy. I step back to let the guy in. Jamin, not seeing our interaction, stepped out and into the guy. Jamin steps back and we let the guy in.

Another time I tripped getting out of the door and stumbled into a couple of girls. And then I had my cowboy hat on and pulled down over my eyes. I step off of the elevator and right into the same girls.

Another time, Jamin and I were getting on the same time as a dude in a suit was. Jamin joked with me and said, "I've always wanted to push the button." The guy steps away from the buttons and says, "Well here you go...I don't want to deprive you of your childhood dreams." Then he continued to make fun of Jamin the whole ride.

I know that seems like small stuff...but it has been about the only humor I've had these last few days! Jake, a friend in Texas, told me that once you put the cowboy hat on that life turns into a country song. He told me this after the trouble in Seattle...now he tells me!!! lol
Photobucket

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Yeah, the pig picture would've brought some good laughs. Hopefully your "country song" will turn around really, really soon! You're still in our prayers!

Jared said...

Do you know what happens when you play a country song backwards? The dog lives, the guy keeps his job, and gets his truck back. lol

Natalie said...

You get more than that. Try getting your house back, a big screen TV, DVD, and a washing machine. And don't forget your first and second wives back. Well, I guess that last part doesn't apply to you. LOL! Talk about a strange song.

votejaredn29