You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Monday, June 8, 2009

Camping in Westcliffe

We camped with the Amish in Wescliffe. It was a lot of fun, actually. I think they're pretty cool people.

Both sides had moments when we were both like, "what????". Like when their guys kept trying to go into the female bathroom. Or when I walked out of the shower room without a shirt, I don't know why that bugged the guys so much!

The last night that we were there, Nolan and I was walking up to the shower room to see if that had water (one of the Amish guys accidently broke the water line or). As we walked up I heard voices inside the door.
"Alright Nolan, I don't know what to expect...this could get rodeo." I kicked the door open and walked in.
"Howdy gents," I notice all eyes are on me. Did I mention that I was wearing my Freebird: it's not normal, shirt?
I look around for Nolan...he'd disappeared. I felt like Hank in Hank the Cowdog....and Drover ran off. I had a great conversation with them....despite a rocky start!

The guy driving the buggy noticed Mom taking a picture and waved as she took the picture
Photobucket
I really liked those guys. They knew how to talk and carry a conversation and it was pretty easy to make them laugh.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh, Wow! That must have been an experience!

Jared said...

It really was...great stories out of that camp! lol

votejaredn29