You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Untitled


We are in Nampa Idaho! We are staying with some friends.
We had a amazing breakfast and then Dad and Mr. B went to get wood for the shed that Mr. B plans on building. My parents went to Bible College with their parents, and we have all camped with their kids.
Dad enlisted his help with the wood. Which brings me to a startling truth: When Dad enlists; I get drafted.

Jordan (the B's 16 yo) and I helped them unload the wood. I suggested that we build a tiny shed and then water it and let it grow into a bigger one, but they didn't take the idea!

We were unloading the second load of wood when things got interesting. I'm laying the board down...to do that I have to slide the board across my hand.
"Ouch!"
"Watch out for slivers." People say...a little bit late.
"Thanks" I have a pretty long sliver in my hand. Dad and I both agreed it was an easy fix. He pulled out his tweezers on his knife and pulls on it. The end snaps off of the rest of the sliver...leaving a 1/4 inch sliver in my skin with no easy way to pull it out.

I wash my hand and go in search of some better tweezers. The sliver was in the palm of my hand. I went and found a lonely place with a knife and two pairs of tweezers. I'm not going to go into very many details...but lets just say that knife was sort of dull and so I really had to force that thing for it to break skin!
The picture was taken after I removed the sliver...I had other things on my mind besides taking pictures when I was working it!

Oh yes...this is the sliver we pulled out!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Funny how the best advice you receive in life comes after you've already made the mistake, or gotten a sliver in your hand.

Jared said...

Yeah...that is funny how that works out! Experience is my best teacher! or so some baseball player says. lol

Cynthia said...

LOL. That's a big sliver!

Jared said...

Oh yeah, you'd be surprised to find out how much wood can get in your hand! lol

votejaredn29