You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Friday, June 12, 2009

Today (whatever the date may be)

I rode with Mom today. It was funny switching from traveling with Dad to traveling with Mom. One of the things that I'll have to adjust to is stopping and taking pictures of everything on the road! Pictures aren't on the computer yet, or else there would be some! It was a lot of fun.

Stacia hitched a ride with us as well and decided she needed to "fix my hair so I could go to the ball." I leaned my seat back so she could reach my head (just to humor her). She grabs my hair and says, "What a mess."

While we are on the topic of hair! The other day we were eating breakfast (in Wyoming) and a tour bus of people from Hong Kong pulled up. I don't really know the plural is, or else I would use it!

One lady walked up and started to rub Stacia and Alex's hair and talk to Mom. It is considered good luck to touch blonde hair in thier culture...the one culture I'm about to go into to. I think I got by the whole hair touching thing just because I hadn't had time to wash it that morning so it was brown.

I find amusing that blonde hair is a sign of ditziness in America, while it is consider good luck in Japan.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

LOL! Well, you better get used to having your hair rubbed.

Jared said...

hahah, I guess it is a good thing I'm not to sensitive about people touching me!

votejaredn29