You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day 1 of the Move

As we drove today I was writing down what was happening. So if some of the tenses aren't right, then you'll know why!

This morning started with packers at the apartment door. Josiah was sort of surprised to have packers trying to pack away his apartment. He took them to the house to get the college shipment. While he was doing that I packed all of my stuff together and then played cards with Jamin. Josiah got back and then we headed to the trailer to help them pack that up.

After that we headed for the house to pick up the waterlogged van seat (there is a story behind this!!!). After that it was time we said goodbye to Josiah and Jamin. They aren't coming with us....Krista is going with us to Oregon and then she stays and me and the younger set move to Japan.

The goodbyes we hard. Josiah went and gave Stacia a hug. I don't think she knew what was happening. She had a worried look on her face as Josiah held her tight for several minutes, she she something was wrong. Okay...I'm tearing up trying to write this, it is time to press on.

On every road trip we all take bets as to how many motorcycles, or in this case white pick up trucks. I told Josiah and Jamin to place their bets and I'd post the results on my blog day by day.
Arielle guessed we'd see 100 white trucks, Nolan-120, Alex-3,000, Stacia-84, Dad-225, Mom-268, Josiah-591, Jamin-125, Krista-250, and last, but certainly not least (can't you tell how humble I am! lol) 200. Josiah won. We saw 508 white trucks from San-Angelo to Amarillo. Everyone knows what this means...there is only 508 trucks in that part of Texas. Somehow this could be important! Think of everything you could with this knowledge! lol

We are about ten miles out of Lamesa....in other words: it is very flat and brown. We are shooting for Amarillo (about 3/12 hours away, it is 5PM). Whoa! I can see the curve of the earth it is so flat!

We pulled up in Lamesa and I see a guy walking around with a diet coke on his head...weird. Mom and Krista are driving the small car, while Dad and I are with the van with the younger ones. WE got disconnected with them. We're filling up with gas right now.
I was cleaning windows and for some reason the squeegee was smaller than usual. I couldn't reach the middle of the windshield. I had to jump up and down to get it....I haven't had to do that in forever!

I was nearly run over by some crazy Texas women in a big old truck....I don't think I need to worry about crazy Texas drivers in Japan!

As we drove further away from San-Angelo I thought about these last fours years. Faces, scenarios, voices, trials, and triumphs of the last four years flashed through my mind. I'm going to miss San-Angelo....We will be back in a couple of years. But still.

No pictures...I'll write about the skydiving and looking for a dog in a thunder storm in a bit. I need pictures for the skydiving, so that will take a bit. We hope to make it to Colorado tomorrow.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Well, it seems you had an eventful day! Can't wait to hear another dog searching story (LOL).

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

You couldn't reach the windshield??? LOL

Yes, the goodbyes were hard. We're going to be o.k.....really we are.

Jared said...

I don't know why I couldn't reach the middle, I've been able to do it since I was like 12! lol

votejaredn29