You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Crescent City, Day 3

Bre made it!
Photobucket
We went hiking....guess where!
I am not a tree hugger...Dad told me to see how many Jared's big that tree was. It was 11 of my full arms lengths. And I'm six foot, 2 inches. So, lets say it had a parameter of 66 feet.
We got almost as much attention walking up the road as the redwoods did....the redwoods were not walking up the road...just to make sure there is no confusion on that!
Photobucket
My Longhorn pride....is that a halo...hmmm
Photobucket
All of us kids...minus Josiah and Jamin
Photobucket
We linked arms to see if we could go around the tree
These are almost bigger than the trees in Texas!



5 comments:

Nate Townsend said...

Hey Jared,
It looks like all of you are having a great time! I wish I was there. I lost my facebook login info…so I’ll keep up with you here or email/skype. I was going to get rid of facebook anyway before moving to China.
It looks like all of you, except the chain-saw, had fun clearing brush.
Have a great trip and I’ll see you up here in a bit. Say hello to everyone…
~Nate

Natalie said...

Hmm... are at the Redwood National Park? I think adding the sword to the pictures would have made a great LOTR effect (LOL)!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

**These are almost bigger than the trees in Texas!**

I want to know what trees YOU were looking at in TX??? :;snort:: I love how much you love TX....I remember 3 years and 6 months ago when you couldn't stand TX.....see it all works out....you'll have homes everywhere...keep an open heart.

Jared said...

Hey Uncle Nate!

Bummer about facebook....can't wait to see y'all!

I'll pass the word along to everyone! lol

Jared said...

Natalie,

Maybe so...but you don't wont to scare EVERYONE in the park. Some people areokat to scare, others, not so! lol

votejaredn29