You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Crescent City, Day 2

After we cut wood we went boating and swimming. You can't see it in the picture, but Nolan is in a canoe and we are towing him away from the shore.
That's right, I'm a pirate
They buried Alex in the sand...he said he was Pharaoh
Photobucket
Krista and I jumped into the canoe and went further down stream...the sun went behind a cloud and it got windy and cold. We were heading for Big Rock. This rock sits in the middle of the river and we used to jump off of it...it is about ten feet above the water. It is called Big Rock because it is big and happens to be made of rock!
I had never jumped off of it...I'm afraid of heights and falling. I figure I'd better get over it, because skydiving is becoming a thing for graduates.
The water was freezing...Krista wanted to jump in. I didn't. We should wait for a warmer day and more people to witness my conquering of a childhood fear, was my reasoning. Do you know what she did? She pushed me off of the rock while I was checking the water temp.
I dug my elbow into the rock to stop from sliding in....didn't work. I hit the water about the same time I was trying to scale up the side of the rock. IT WAS COLD! I couldn't pull myself over the rock ledge. So I had to fall back into the frigid water, swim around the rock and get onto it in a different place. All I had to show from it was a cut up elbow from trying to stop the fall and then scale up the rock.
Next time I saw Mom I was like, "Do you know what your mean daughter did to your adorable son????"
I am indignant

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Those big sisters...I have one of those. Are you already planning on how to get seek revenge? I know I would, but you are probably a much better person. :-)

Natalie said...

LOL! I'm so sorry! I shouldn't laugh at your genuine pain.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

::snort:: Such a MEAN daughter....sounds like her MEAN father. LOL

Bess said...

er...I would have done the same thing. I guess I'm a MEAN big sister...not to mention the fact my brother insists on dropping plastic spiders on me all the time. ugh!

Jared said...

Debbie,
I would be to scared to try any sort of revenge on Krista. I'm not that good at pranks and she would trample me in something like that! lol

Jared said...

But Bess! dropping spiders on your big sister is good and honest fun the whole family can enjoy!

votejaredn29