You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Monday, June 8, 2009

Westcliffe

We arrived in Westcliffe the other day...we had no Internet connection, so I'm getting caught up now!

We went on a hike in the mountains. We headed up the trail....went about fifty feet up the trail. I stopped.
"Well we've made a lot of progress, how about we take a breather?" The altitude is very different in Colorado than it is in Texas!

You may notice that in the pictures with me I have a wooden sword in my pack. I wasn't trying to be Strider or Frodo. Alex, my little brother, wanted to bring it on the hike but then found a better hiking stick and so I carried the sword.

It's me!
Photobucket

My Dad and little sister, Stacia
Photobucket

Crossing a river without a bridge
Photobucket

Beatrix walked up to the river and then turned around and tried walking back down the path. Dad caught her and carried her across
Photobucket
It is really pretty in Colorado, but I think I like the Texas attitude better!
Photobucket

We played riddles along the path and Alex told me about how he fought of a mountain lion when none of us was looking. We had a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I love Colorado! We used to live in FT. Collins, and we took hikes up in the mt's every weekend. Love the waterfall pic! OK, go with Strider. I'm not a fan of Frodo.

Jared said...

Colordo is pretty...a little colder than Texas though!

Okay, I'll go with Strider

votejaredn29