You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Today...not any other day

Uncle Earl, Dad, and I worked on cutting that tree up today. It was a lot of work! Pictures will follow later on! We didn't like climbing down through the poison ivy and poison oak to get at the tree and so someone came up with the brilliant idea to drag it up the hill with the van. I say brilliant....I don't remember who's idea it was. But since it was brilliant, it most likely was mine! lol

The pictures will tell the story and show what we did better than me trying to explain.

We did go down to the river. Nolan and Alex were further down the stream, Uncle Earl and I were doing something with the kayak when we heard Nolan and Alex yelling and screaming. We look up and saw them both running towards us. I take off towards them....preparing myself for all sorts of monsters.....that's my Hank the Cowdog mode!

They had seen a snake....Alex told me that he thought it was a rattlesnake. When I got there to look around I found the snake. It wasn't a rattlesnake; but we all have lived in Texas for sometime where most snakes are bad for ones health.

I think I was the only one who ever dealt with a live rattlesnake while in Texas. I was mowing a jungle yard and ran into a baby rattler in the grass. That was a crazy job!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Man, you're turning into a regular Paul Bunyan! OK, I have to ask, who is Hank the Cowdog???

Jared said...

You dont know who Hank the Cowdog is? I thought everyone knew who he was...I'm confused!

It's a pretty popular kids series in the south. It's about a dog on a ranch who is always getting into trouble while trying to do good. I love that series, who cares if it's for kids! lol

votejaredn29