You cannot carry your cross while sitting on the fence

Remember Who We Are

Monday, June 22, 2009

The Drunken Duck

Alright, here it is. The pictures are in random order!

We went down to the river by our grandparents house and played on the river....naturally. Krista and I worked some more on the tepee and then we went to work on building a raft. Krista and I would find the logs and then test them in the water to make sure they floated. If they did then we'd push them up shore and Arielle would pile them while Dad would tie it together.

After the raft was built, we named it, "The Drunken Duck."
Can you find the frog???
That is us getting ready to take the Duck on it's maiden voyage
It is coming along nicely
The Drunken Duck

The Duck can take Krista and I, along with a younger one (Alex or Stacia). We took it out for the maiden voyage and we had Nolan with us. The Duck sunk about four inches under water and then it floated. We took it to the middle of the river....trying to figure out how to steer without flipping the raft. It can't take Nolan on up with Krista and I.
The wood we built it with had all sorts of bugs in it...which went everywhere once the raft was in the water. The maiden voyage was successful...it was unnerving to have random logs start to float away from us, but that's what the third person was there for!
Alex attempts to board...the little pirate
You can see the raft sinking a bit
Photobucket
Alex and Dad cleaned the rowboat
Photobucket
Krista and I figured out how to work it
Photobucket
The progress was slow, but fun. At one point we couldn't make it up the current so I jumped out and pulled it...that was very cold! I also jumped off of Big Rock...I wasn't pushed this time!
We were all sunburned pretty bad. Somehow or another I got burnt on the top of my feet. I guess it is what I get for having big feet. Either that or it is punishment for all of the Longhorn symbols?

No comments:

votejaredn29